The world’s highest peak Mt Everest (8848m) lies in the Khumbu Region “The Sherpa’s Land”. Tengboche (3870m) is the main monastery of the Khumbu area. The views from here are unforgettable. In addition to the highest peak, Lhotse, Makalu, Cho Oyu, Yachungkang Nuptse, Ama Dablam, and a panoramic view of Khumbu Himalayas are seen from here. You can either chose a 9-days trek or a 16-days trek to the Everest Region. In the 9-days trek, you will trek to Tengbboch (3863m), crossing Phakding (2611m), Namche (3440m), and Khumjung (3791m). In the 16-days trek, you will reach Kaala Pathhar (5545m) passing through Namche (3440m), Tanboche (3863m), Pheriche (4240m), and Lobuje (4930m).
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and Preparation for the Trek.
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla trek to Phakding 3 to 4 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 04: Trekking from Phakding to Namche Bazaar 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 05: Acclimatization in Namche Bazaar and visit Khumjung Village . Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 06: Trekking from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 07: Trekking from Tyangboche to Dingboche 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 08: Acclimatization day at Dingboche. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 09: Trekking from Dingboche to Lobuche 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 10: Trekking from Lobuche to Gorakshep 3 hours & Everest Base Camp 2 to 3 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 11: Trekking from Gorakshep to Kalapater 2 hours & back to Pheriche 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 12: Trekking from Pheriche to Tyangboche 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 13: Trekking from Tyangboche to Manju 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 14: Trekking from Manju to Lukla 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 15: Fly back to Kathmandu. From lukla
Day:16 Free day for shopping overnight in kathmandu
Day 17: Departure to Airport to your Destination
1. Keep all receipts that you have until arrive home.
2. No flashy stuff-jewellery, valuables etc.
3. Strongly advised not to go wandering unless in large group (the “poor” men would have to suffer at the hands of the ladies who would want to
4. Always be aware of your surroundings.
5. Do not / not give money to street children/beggars.
6. Entrance to some temples may be prohibited for non-Hindus.
7. Leather articles are prohibited inside temple precinct.
Things To Bring
1. Windproof outer jacket and warm down-filled jacket good if afraid of cold.
2. Comfortable trousers for men and loose skirts for women during the day.
3. Gloves, hat or cap, sun glasses, sun block, lip balm, etc. To avoid sun burn as the sun in high altitude can be quite intense.
4. Lightweight trekking shoes, warm woolen/ thermal socks. (if one is afraid of cold, otherwise, plain ol’ ordinary socks will suffice.
5. Thermal undergarments this is for the night which might be a bit cold, otherwise, tracksuit should suffice.
6. Flashlight and spare batteries.