Helambu, also known as Helmu, at the northern end of the Malemchi valley is primarily resided by Sherpas. It is one of the most interesting treks and gives a glimpse of the Sherpa Community of northern Nepal, which is different from their counterparts in Solukhumbu. You can choose either an 8-days trek or 13-days trek to the Langtang Region. In the 8-days trek, you will trek up to Tharepati (3490m), crossing Bahunepati, Shermathang (2664m), Malemchigaon (2560m), and Gopte (3260m). In the 13-days trek, you will trek up to Gosainkunda (4380m), one of the famous lakes for pilgrimage in Nepal. Kyangjin Gompa (3840m), the highest settlement in the Langtang valley and the gompa are located in this area.
Day 01: Arrive at Kathmandu transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley and Preparation for the Trek.
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabru Besi 9 to 10 drive by local Bus. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 04: Trek from Syabru Besi to Chantang 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 05: Trek from Chantang to Langtang village 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 06: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa 3 to 4 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 07: Rest day at Kyangjin Gompa and excursion around
Day 08: Trek from Kyangjin Gompa to Lama Hotel 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 09: Trek from Lama Hotel to Thulo Syabru 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 10: Trek from Thulo Syabru to Sing Gompa (Chandan Bari) 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 11: Trek from Sing Gompa to Gosaikunda via Lauribinayak La 5 to 6 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 12: Trek from Gosaikunda to Sing Gompa 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 13: Trek from Sing Gompa to Dhunche 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at Lodge – B.L.D
Day 14. Drive from Dhunche to Kathmandu 6 to 7 hours drives by local bus – Overnight at Hotel.
Day 15: Transfer to international airport for your final departure.
1. Keep all receipts that you have until arrive home.
2. No flashy stuff-jewellery, valuables etc.
3. Strongly advised not to go wandering unless in large group (the “poor” men would have to suffer at the
hands of the ladies who would want to shop).
4. Always be aware of your surroundings.
5. Do not / not give money to street children/beggars.
6. Entrance to some temples may be prohibited for non-Hindus.
7. Leather articles are prohibited inside temple precinct.
Things To Bring
1. Windproof outer jacket and warm down-filled jacket good if afraid of cold.
2. Comfortable trousers for men and loose skirts for women during the day.
3. Gloves, hat or cap, sun glasses, sun block, lip balm, etc. To avoid sun burn as the sun in high altitude
can be quite intense.
4. Lightweight trekking shoes, warm woolen/ thermal socks. (if one is afraid of cold, otherwise, plain ol’
ordinary socks will suffice.
5. Thermal undergarments this is for the night which might be a bit cold, otherwise, tracksuit should
6. Flashlight and spare batteries.